Everybody loves a good vampire story. But what about the history of vampirism? Real life vampires, you ask? Well, not exactly. But all myths start someplace! Here’s a little something I wrote for the History News Network about the “vampire epidemic” in 1732: This Is How a Historian Ends Up Becoming a Novelist Who Writes About Vampires .
Want more? Tune in to these stations and here me talk about folklore, history, myth, and more!
- Station: WOND, Linwood, NJ Oct 19, 2014, 3:35pmET
- Station: CKTB, Toronto, ON, Oct 20, 2014, 8:20amET
- Station: KPNW, Eugene, OR, Oct 20, 2014, 10:25amET
Station: WTKS, Savannah GA,10/23 Time: 9:00 a.m. ET
- Station: KFQD, Anchorage, AK, Oct 23, 2014, 6:30pmET
- Station: KXYL, Brownwood, TX, Oct 27, 2014, 12:00pmET
- Station: Troy University Public Radio, Troy, AL, 10/30 3:00 p.m. ET
- Station: Delaware 1059, Oct 30, 2014, 7:10pmET
- Station: Newstalk 1010, Toronton, ON, Oct 31, 2014, 11:10amET
- Station: CRN Digital Talk Radio, Oct 31, 2014, 7pmET